Now you can learn all the specific requirements for different categories that will help you with uploading products and speeding up the moderation-process on Joom.
PLEASE NOTE: You will be able to learn all the specifics about each category and each product (requirements and recommendations), however, these are an addition to the obligatory platform requirements for all categories.
Where to find the category-specific requirements?
All the category-specific requirements for all the different categories in the category tree are now collected on the Category Requirements page in your Joom account. Click on the arrow by the root category name to see which leaf categories belong to it or find a specific category using filters on the top of the page.
☆ ADVICE FROM JOOM:
There is another way to quickly find the category-specific requirements: if a category has any requirements available, you can get to them from the product's page.
How to work with the category-specific requirements?
By clicking on the category name, the page will show you the requirements and recommendations, but only if there are any available for that specific category.
What are the types of category-specific requirements?
- Optional - This is not a necessary requirement. These characteristics are usually applied in the attributes or size charts, we can parse such attributes and size chart measurement and show to customers in the product card. Lack of these requirements will not affect the product sales.
- Recommended - We strongly recommend for you to add these requirements, otherwise your product gets a warning diagnostics. We do it to attract your attention, since we believe that the lack of these requirements can sufficiently impact the customers experience and your product sales.
- Required - obligatory requirement. The lack of these requirements will result in the Critical diagnostics and your product will no longer be sold.
PLEASE NOTE: Recommended attributes may become obligatory, we always notify the merchants about it in advance.
What are the most common types of the category requirements and how to work with them?
PLEASE NOTE:. Please pay close attention to the requirements, as some of them may include non-obvious details.
- Brand authorization - if a category requires brand authorization, all the products from this category are allowed to be sold, only under the authorized trademark.
PLEASE NOTE: Some categories may have the list of certain allowed brands so please pay close attention this requirement.
- Documents - products in some categories may require certificates in order to be sold in specific countries.
- Size chart - If you sell clothes and shoes, you will see that the Size Chart is required for those categories. Do not forget to provide all the information needed for the Size Chart to become valid.
- Category-specific attributes - there are attributes required only for the products belonging to the specific categories. For example, you must provide ingredients for cosmetic products.
More on category-specific attributes:
If you don't know how to provide category specific attributes, click on the arrow by the category name and pay attention to the Fields and Accepted Attribute Names.
Fields explain where to use the attribute (for example, product description).
Accepted Attribute Names give you an example of how to indicate the attribute (for example, Upper Material: cotton).
PLEASE NOTE: some category specific attributes may have certain value limitations. If you fill in the non-accepted value, the product will be blocked during the moderation.
Category-Specific requirements FAQ
I click on the category name and nothing happens.
If a category has no required or recommended attributes it will simply be unclickable.
What is a yellow notifier by the category name?
We tagged the categories with the obligatory requirements with the yellow notifiers: they point out where you need to provide more information in order to go through the moderation.
PLEASE NOTE: The notifiers are shown only for categories with requirements, not the available recommendations.