A product variant is a specific model (SKU) of a product, a product could include various product variants.
Nike Air Force 1 Running Shoes is a product.
Nike Air Force 1 Running Shoes in color "Brown" and size 36 is a product variant.
When Can You Create a Product Variant?
- Product has different sizes;
- Product has different colors;
- Product has different patterns or style;
- Product has different functionality, technical parameters etc.
Product Variant Requirements
- Product variants must belong to the same model: for example, a table and a chair cannot be set as different variants of the same product;
- Each product variant must have its own unique SKU;
- All product variants must be displayed: for example, if a product comes in three colors, and the variants are set based on the colors, it is prohibited to display only two colors;
- Each variant must have an image corresponding to it. If one product variant has a variant main image, other variants must have it as well;
- Colors for product variants must be chosen from the list of accepted colors;
- Colors, sizes, and images cannot be the same for several product variants.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: If your product doesn't meet the product variant requirements, it will be rejected during the moderation process.
Examples of Setting Product Variants
If a product comes in two colors (black and white), and two sizes (S and M), then this product is going to have four variants.
|Variant 1||Variant 2||Variant 3||Variant 4|
Examples of Incorrect Product Variants
Product image displays several colors, but the product itself comes only in two colors.
Using numbers or letters to mark variants instead of providing variant main images.
How to add a Product Variant?
Variants should be uploaded not as separate product cards but as variants of the same product. If you upload them separately, they will be rejected by moderation due to duplication.
The correct loading of options makes it easier for users to compare shades/sizes and see how much they benefit from the purchase, which affects the conversion of your products. Learn more here.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: Fill the Color field only when using a table with allowed colors. All the attributes identifying the variant (number, manufacturer’s color, volume, quantity) should be specified in the Size field.
1) To add via Merchant panel
- Open the Products page in your Joom account;
- Click on the Manage Products button;
- Choose Create in Panel;
- Scroll down to Product Variation and fill in all the required information;
- To add a new option, click on the Add Variant button or Copy Previous if variants are similar.
⚠️PLEASE NOTE: If there is no option, fill Variant 1 with the same information as for the main product.
2) To add via CSV/XLSX file:
- Open a CSV/XSLX file.
- Start filling the information of product variants from the Variant SKU column;
Use a new row for each product variant;
- To group a few product variants into one product, fill in the same Product SKU;
- The Product Name, Description, Search Tags, Dangerous Kind, and Main Image of the Product attributes are common to all grouped product variants. Make sure that the product information is valid for all grouped variants.
Learn more about filling in the CSV/XLSX files and attributes in the corresponding article.