Product Tiers help you understand how the platform evaluates your products.
Good tiers = more impressions, traffic and sales for your product
There are 4 types of tiers:
- Trusted - your product gets extra impressions and extra traffic;
- Competing - your product gets good impressions, but some improvements could be made;
- Unverified - your product gets little impressions until we get more data on its performance;
- Pessimized - your product gets almost zero impressions, since it was pessimized.
Improving your products even by one tier higher can get you up to 2 times more impressions to attract more organic traffic!
How often is the tier calculated?
Tiers are calculated once a day (approx. at 1PM UTC+3) and the information you see may be based on outdated data, so wait for the next day to see the actual tier.
To find out when the tier was last calculated, hover over the question mark next to the tier:
What key factors affect the tier at the moment?
We calculate the product tier based on the product sales history. For that we evaluate for parameters for each product:
- Sales count
- Reviews count
- Average rating
- Cancellation rate
Target numbers for each parameter can help you keep track of what needs to be improved to elevate your tier.
Please note that to obtain a higher tier, your product must meet the requirements of every parameter of this tier.
If at least one parameter does not meet the target, the tier of your product will not be heightened. For example, if your product matches the Trusted tier in terms of the number of sales, reviews and ratings, but Unverified in terms of the number of cancellations, the product tier still will be Unverified.
Target numbers (orders, reviews, average rating and cancellation rate) of your products may vary and depend on the Product cluster - a specific category within a certain price range.
Product cluster = Price range + Category of the second level
Target numbers taken into account by cluster, so even products in the same store may have different targets if they belong to different product clusters.
Same category products in the low price range and in the high price range belong to two different clusters, so their tier targets will be different as well.
What orders are considered during sales history calculation?
Only the orders approved in the last year (365 days) are included into the calculation.
Moreover, product tiers show how well your product may be sold in its current version, so we take into consideration only the current product version, it means that:
- In case you deleted a product variant that had good sales before – all the orders involving that product variant will get deleted from the calculation. Avoid doing so cause you won't be able to restore a variant and your product sales history.
- In case you disable a product variant that was being sold well before or went out of stock, it becomes unavailable for customers, so all the orders involving that product variant will get deleted from the calculation. Once you enabled the product variant or stocked it up, the sales history of this variant will be recovered. Make sure your most popular variations are always available for purchase.
- In case you increased the product variant price by more than 10%, we consider such products less attractive for the customer. Thus, all the orders involving the product variant with the old price (lower than your current price by more than 10%) will get deleted from the calculation. You do not lose the Sales History forever: once you lower the prices back - the Sales History for this product will be automatically restored.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not consider the product discounts, we calculate only the original product variant amounts without any discounts. We pay a lot of attention to any kind of fraudulent activity with discounts in this regard.
You can see how many orders of a particular product were included or not included when calculating your tier. The reason why the orders were included or not is also indicated.
How to restore my sales history?
- Lower the price back in case you’ve recently increased it.
- Return your products or product variants back in stock if they are out of stock.
What is a Top Store Boost?
Joom gives some additional credits to new products from the Top Stores, whose similar products already have proven themselves on the platform. That's why we have Top Store Boost.
Top Store Boost may elevate your tier from Unverified to Competing, even if your Sales History metrics are Unverified, thus giving your new products more impressions from the customers.
Products from Top Store receive a boost only if Top Store has other products within the same product cluster and their performance in this cluster meets the minimum requirements. So please note that the boost works not just for every product in your Top Store but only for those that meet these requirements.
You can check the requirements right in the interface:
Also, if you started selling a product from a new cluster in which you previously did not have any selling experience in the same Top store, you would need to raise the performance of this product from scratch.
PLEASE NOTE: Top Store Boost elevates your tier only from Unverified to Competing.
Top Store Boost from Competing to Trusted is not available.
How is the Store Performance connected with the Product Tier?
When your Store has Poor or Critical performance the products in such stores get less impressions and less sales accordingly.
Bad store performance results in pessimization of all the products from the store.
To help you recognize which exact products are being affected by the bad Performance we have added a Pessimized products tier.
Click here to see all the FAQ questions
1) Where can you see the product's tier?
- You can find the product’s tier on the Products page in your Joom account.
- There is a "Tier" filter in this page for your convenience: just click on the "Tier" you need to sort your products.
2) Why was my product tier changed from Trusted to Competing/Unverified?
Check out in the interface to find out what requirements are not met.
- Changes in targets
Targets of tiers (Trusted, Competing, Unverified) are calculated for each product cluster separately and depend on the performance of other products within this cluster on the platform. They are based on top of the best products in the cluster. So if there are more products with many orders, reviews, high ratings and very low cancellation rates in one cluster, its targets may change and become more challenging to achieve.
- Decrease in product performance
If you cancelled orders or the product received a bad rating recienty, the sales history of your product could become worse. Therefore, you would no longer meet the requirements for some of the Trusted tier indicators. Fix your performance to restore the platform's trust in the product.
Changes in prices
Make sure that you haven’t recently increased the prices for this product variant. In case you’ve recently increased them, all the orders involving the product variant with the old price were deleted from the sales history calculation.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you lower the prices again all the previous orders connected to that price will appear back in the Sales History.
Product Variant was deleted, disabled or out of stock
Make sure you haven't deleted or disabled any product variants lately. Or maybe some of your popular variants are currently out of stock. In these cases all the orders including such product variants got deleted from the sales history calculation.
3) How to improve your tiers? (General Recommendations)
- Pay close attention to Store Performance - bad store performance results in pessimization of all the products from it.
- Do not increase prices for product variants! It will erase the entire sales history.
- Lower the price back in case you’ve recently increased it. It will restore your sales history.
- Do not delete product variations! It will erase the entire sales history.
- Take part in the upcoming Promotions or launch Joom Ads Campaign to get the sales history faster.