Product Tiers help you understand how the platform evaluates your products.
Good tiers = more impressions, traffic and sales for your product
There are 4 types of tiers:
- Trusted - your product gets extra impressions and extra traffic;
- Competing - your product gets good impressions, but some improvements could be made;
- Unverified - your product gets little impressions until we get more data on its performance;
- Pessimized - your product gets almost zero impressions, since it was pessimized.
PLEASE NOTE: Improving your product’s even by one tier higher can get you up to 2 times more impressions to attract more organic traffic!
How often is the tier calculated?
Tiers are calculated once a day (approx. at 1PM UTC+3) and the information you see may be based on the already outdated data, so wait for the next day to see the actual tier.
What key factors affect the tier at the moment?
How do these factors affect the tier?
In order to get a Trusted tier your product has to obtain a good reputation (we estimate the product sales history for that). Product sales history is estimated based on:
- Number of orders;
- Number of ratings in those orders;
- Average product rating and cancellation rate;
- Your products are also compared to other products in the category.
The Top Store status gives more credits to your products if the store itself has good sales and ratings:
- Products with Unverified tier will be boosted to Competing tier.
- Products that have a close-to-Trusted but still a Competing tier can be boosted to Trusted tier.
⚠️ The Top store status can now give more credits to your product only if the store has good sales and ratings.
The product should not have any critical problems:
- In case your Store performance is critical no successful sales history will redeem your product reputation.
How many orders can boost my product to a Trusted tier?
The main rule: The more sales you have with a positive rating and the lower your cancellation rate is – the better your sales history will be and the higher the tier you can get.
- In order to get the Trusted tier the product must have at least 30 sales and 15 ratings in those sales, with the Cancellation Rate less than 1% and the average rating > 4.5;
- In order to get the Competing tier product must have at least 5 sales and 2 ratings in those sales, with the Cancellation Rate less than 1% and the average rating more > 4.5.
Remember, the Top Store status can boost your tier up a bit even if the number of sales is not sufficient yet, while the critical problems will result in a Pessimized tier even if your product has a lot of sales.
Why not all the orders with my product are considered during calculation?
- Only the orders approved in the last year (365 days) are included into the calculation.
- Product tiers show how well your product may be sold in its current version, so we take into consideration only the current product version:
- In case you deleted a product variant that had good sales before – all the orders involving that product variant will get deleted from the calculation. Avoid doing so cause you won’t be able to restore a variant and your product sales history.
- In case you disable a product variant that was being sold well before or it goes out of stock it becomes unavailable for customers so all the orders involving that product variant will get deleted from the calculation as well. Once you enabled the product variant or stocked it up, the sales history of this variant will be recovered. Make sure your most popular variations are always available for purchase.
- In case you increased the product variant price by more than 10%, we consider such products less attractive for the customer. Thus, all the orders involving the product variant with the old price (lower than your current price by more than 10%) will get deleted from the calculation. You do not lose the Sales History forever: once you lower the prices back - the Sales History for this product will be automatically restored.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not consider the product discounts, we calculate only the original product variant amounts without any discounts. We pay a lot of attention to any kind of fraudulent activity with discounts in this regard.
Click here to see all the FAQ questions
1) Where can you see the product's tier?
- You can find the product’s tier on the Products page in your Joom account.
- There is a "Tier" filter in this page for your convenience: just click on the "Tier" you need to sort your products.
2) Why was my product tier changed from Trusted to Competing/Unverified?
Changes in prices
Make sure that you haven’t recently increased the prices for this product variant. In case you’ve recently increased them, all the orders involving the product variant with the old price were deleted from the sales history calculation.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you lower the prices again all the previous orders connected to that price will appear back in the Sales History
Product Variant was deleted, disabled or out of stock
Make sure you haven't deleted or disabled any product variants lately. Or maybe some of your popular variants are currently out of stock. In these cases all the orders including such product variants got deleted from the sales history calculation.
Bad Reviews and Low Average Rating
Make sure your product didn't have any orders cancelled and didn't receive bad ratings lately.
Please note: In order to get the Trusted tier the product must have at least 30 sales and 15 ratings, with the Cancellation Rate less than 1% and the average rating > 4.5.;
In order to get the Competing tier product must have at least 5 sales and 2 ratings, with the Cancellation Rate less than 1% and the average rating more > 4.5.
Non-competitive sales history
In case your product becomes non-competitive compared to the other products in the same category, it can get a lower tier, try to add it to several promotions to get more traffic and sales.
- Top Store Status
Your store might have lost its Top Store Status. Check the store status and keep a close eye on your store performance in the future.
All the products from the store are affected by the Top Store status since it might give you some extra credits.
3) How is the Store Performance connected with the Product Tier?
When your Store has Poor or Critical performance the products in such stores get less impressions and less sales accordingly.
Bad store performance results in pessimization of all the products from the store.
To help you recognize which exact products are being affected by the bad Performance we have added a Pessimized products tier.
4) How to improve your tiers? (General Recommendations)
- Pay close attention to Store Performance - bad store performance results in pessimization of all the products from this store.
- Do not increase prices for product variants! It will erase the entire sales history.
- Lower the price back in case you’ve recently increased it. It will restore your sales history.
- Do not delete product variations! It will erase the entire sales history.
- Keep Average Rating Above 4.5 and Cancellation Rate below 1%.
- Take part in the upcoming Promotions or launch Joom Ads Campaign to get the sales history faster.