If there are some products in your store that you don't need anymore, you can delete them by archiving them. This feature is irreversible. Archived products by no means can become active again.
Why would you want to delete a product?
- Your store has a limit for the product amount. If there are more products your store can include, Joom suggests you revise the store and archive the unwanted products;
- If there are no outdated or unwanted products in your store, you are able to choose its specialization and turn it into a Top Store.
How to archive a product?
- Prepare the SKU or ID of the products you want to archive.
- Go to the Products page.
- Click on the Manage Products button and choose Archive / Delete Products via CSV/XLSX.
Toggle the New design switch to enable the Template feature and click on the Set-up a template CSV/XLSX button.
- Choose productRemove to delete the product or productRemoveVariant to delete the product variant.
- Choose the Product Identifier (Product ID or Product SKU).
- Select the file Format you prefer (CSV or XLSX).
- Download the file and fill it out. Insert the products' SKUs or IDs you prepared in Step 1 and write "yes" in the Remove Product column for every product you want to delete.
- Insert the product SKU or ID you prepared.
- Write "yes" in the Remove Product column for every product you want to delete.
- You can also indicate the reason for deleting the products in the Reason column.
There are 3 possible values to indicate the reason for deleting the products: legalRequirement, stopSelling. You can leave this value blank.
5. Upload the file back into your account.
6. Click on the Upload button.