Negative Feedback Rate is one of the metrics of your store performance.
It shows, whether your products perform the same or worse than other products within similar category and price range on the platform according to several criteria. The metric lets you know what products have problems and what to do about them.
Negative Feedback Rate measures the ratio of the number of problematic orders to the number of all the delivered orders during the evaluation period.
Problematic orders are the orders with one of the following problems:
- Product rating is 1 or 2 stars.
- Product is refunded due to poor quality.
- According to the customers' review, product size information is not correct.
The fewer problematic orders, the better the metric is. Always aim to metric’s Acceptable status.
How to check a store's Negative Feedback Rate?
- Go to Stores page in the Merchant Panel.
- Find Negative Feedback Rate tab and click Show Details. Here you can:
- Check the metric's evaluation period.
- Export evaluated orders.
- Check the problematic orders included in the metric - click Orders with 1, 2 stars or refunded due to poor quality or with wrong product size.
- Read our advice on how to improve the metric.
Also, you can use the following filters on the Orders page:
- Negative Feedback;
- Refund Reason -> Quality Refunds;
- Size Fit;
- Rating -> 1-2.
The evaluation period covers two weeks: starting from the 94th day and ending 80 days before the current date.
You can check the current evaluation period by clicking Show details button next to the metric.
Negative Feedback Rate statuses
There are two statuses for Negative Feedback Rate: Acceptable and Poor.
Negative Feedback Rate’s status is determined by comparing your Negative Feedback Rate’s value to the other merchants’ Rate’s value.
If we see that your value is the same or lower, your Negative Feedback Rate’s status will be determined as Acceptable. Otherwise, it will be determined as Poor.
For example, a store has products of 3 different categories - clothing, toys, dishware. In this case, the Negative Feedback algorithm divides the assortment into segments by price and category, and for each segment compares the average rating of your products and the average rating of all other similar products on the platform. If the products rating the same or better on average, the metric will be Acceptable. If the products are significantly worse, the metric will be Poor.
If your store’s Negative Feedback status is Poor, the store traffic will be cut to 50%. Acceptable Negative Feedback status equals Perfect, and your store will not get pessimized for it.
How to improve the metric?
- Fix issues mentioned in order reviews.
- Provide accurate information in product card:
- Ensure that the product descriptions are complete and correct.
- Check that size charts are correct.
- Make sure customers receive exactly what they ordered.
- Disable or improve problematic products.
- If your product was included in the metric due to poor quality, please disable the product. The metric will improve shortly.
- If your products were included in the metric because you shipped the wrong product or size, please pay extra attention to shipping your orders.