Platform promotion is a promotion created by Joom. You can participate in such promotions by adding your products before deadlines. All platform promotions have specific requirements that must be adhered to.
Note that you can participate in such promotions automatically by enabling Auto-Participation in Promotion feature.
There are 3 types of platform promotions:
- Regular promotions: regular promotions carried out when there are no special ones scheduled.
- Big Promotions: special promotions run once or twice a month, which could drive a lot of traffic.
- Huge promotions: biggest promotions of a year that drive the biggest traffic. For example, 11.11, Joom birthday, Black Friday etc.
How to participate in a platform promotion?
- In Merchant Panel, go to Marketing > Promotions.
- Scroll down to the list of promotions. Promotions available for participation are labelled as Upcoming. Select a promotion you want to participate in.
- Check the requirements. Please note, Joom reserves the right to remove products from the promotion if they do not meet the requirements. Those merchants who violate promotion requirements risk being punished.
- Click Add products and select products you intend to add. There are 3 ways how to do it.
- In the Product IDs tab, you can add multiple product IDs. Use a comma, a white space, or a break between IDs in a series.
- In the Select Products tab, you can just tick the boxes of products you want to add.
- In the Upload Products tab, you can add products via CSV. Please refer to How to Use section on the right.
- Click Add selected and set up the size of discount size.
- Don't forget to save the changes.
Please keep in mind the following:
- Access to the promotion will be closed once its status changes to Preparing. It means that you cannot add, edit or delete products. Also, you cannot cancel your participation in the promotion.
- In case of a critical problem with a promotional product, please disable the product. However, you won't be able to add the disabled product to this promotion again.
- Some promotions have a special requirement of postponing any product changes. It means that once you have added a product to a promotion, all product changes will be displayed when the promotion ends.
- EDLP products cannot participate in the platform promotions. When you add products to a promotion, the EDLP products will not be displayed in the list of available products. If you try to add such products using a product ID, the system will give an error.
- If some added products cannot participate in the promotion, you will see the Not Participating Products section on Promotion page. Click Show Details to check details.
How to track promotion success?
You can see some graphics on the Promotions page. They reflect efficiency of the promotional campaigns you participate in. You can change the timeframe of the graphics to evaluate specific periods.
There is a list of metrics names below. By clicking specific metrics, you can select whether to display its value in the list or not.