In order to integrate with API/ERP system you have to create an App and go through the authorization process.
We use the OAuth 2.0 authentication to offer you better security – no one would be able to access your data through API without authenticating themselves first and getting your permission.
To put it simply – this is the same secure authentification process you go through to sign into some website with your Google account.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a quick overview of the entire authentification process, the detailed step-by-step guide and all the useful links and endpoints are in our Joom API.
Here’s a list of terms you should be familiar with while reading our guide.
- App, or Client — any application that would like to access a merchant’s data on Joom.
- User — someone with a merchant account on Joom. This is the person giving permission to the app to access their data.
- Access Token — a unique string generated by Joom for the app that the app uses to identify itself when accessing user’s data.
Step 1: Authorize and grant access to your app
- Create an App in the Merchant Panel on the Joom Platform
- Copy your client id and secret (you will need them later on)
Step 2: Receive the Authorization Code
Please note: The authorization code will expire after 5 minutes and can only be used once.
Step 3: Get the Access Token
Joom authentificates your app and validates the authorization grant, and if valid, issues an access token.
Step 4: Making Authorized Requests
- Your app requests the protected resource from Joom and authenticates by presenting the access token.
- Joom validates the access token, and if valid, serves the request.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a quick overview of the entire auntification process, the detailed step-by-step guide and all the useful links and endpoints are in our Joom API.