On Joom, the refund process is operated entirely by the platform, as customers believe this enables them to receive a fairer transaction. We have local operators in every region to handle problems that may occur with the refunds.
- Fulfill orders within 5 days.
- Deliver products to customers within 75 days.
- Provide description and images that match the products.
Valid reasons for refunds
If a customer requests a refund because of non-delivery, we will first check the logistics information on the official sites of the destination country’s post office, logistics company, courier services or track24.
If the logistics is traceable to the destination country post office or courier collection office, the consignee information is accurate, we will advise consumers to go to the post office or express collection point to check.
Joom will issue a refund if:
- The tracking information cannot be verified, or the tracking information can be verified, but the delivery route or the delivery address is incorrect. For example, the customer is in the UK, but the tracking information indicates that the package was sent to France.
- The package is detained by the customs, destroyed or returned to the merchant.
- The package tracking information can be verified, the delivery address is correct, but the package is returned by the post office, as the customer delayed too long in claiming it. Please note that Joom does not compensate for the shipping cost in case of using Offline Shipping.
- The customer provides proof that “there is no such package” presented by the post office, though the package tracking information could be verified, and the delivery address was correct.
- If the merchant believes that the customer described the unsuccessful arrival incorrectly, he can also provide the post office signature document to appeal.
If a customer requests a refund for this reason, we will ask the customer to weigh what was received. We will then compare this weight with the product weight provided by the merchant. If the customer’s package weighs less than indicated by the merchant, we will contact the post office for them to confirm. Thereafter, we will decide how much to refund.
Note: Please ensure that you indicate accurate weight for your products in order to avoid any issues.
Joom will deactivate products that do not match their descriptions.
|Orders below $5 without VAT||
|Orders above $5 without VAT||
Problems with quality
As different regions have different laws, our refund policy also differs, depending on the region. The customer guarantee period on the platform for most of the countries is 30 days. For Germany, it is 365 days; Austria and Switzerland - 730 days; Sweden - 3 years.
When the platform guarantee period is over, Joom can still issue a refund within the guarantee period established by the legislation of the customer’s country. Also, Joom may let the buyer contact the merchant directly.
PLEASE NOTE: The platform makes extra emphasis on the quality of products, and products with poor quality will be banned. If a fulfilled online order was refunded due to the product quality, the shipping fee will be withdrawn from the merchant.
|Orders below $5 without VAT||
|Orders from $5 to $20 without VAT||
All customers must provide proof to get a refund. The amount of refund is based on the seriousness of the problem.
Orders from $20 to $100 without VAT
All customers have to provide proof to get refunds. The amount of refund depends on the seriousness of the problem.
Orders above $100 without VAT
Refund Period and Rules
- The buyer can request for refunds within the customer guarantee period.
- Within 15 days after the customer guarantee period has ended, and the customer did not receive the goods, the buyer can request a refund due to the “non-delivery” reason. Joom will decide whether to accept or reject it within 30 days.
- If the product costs more than $50 without VAT and is not trackable in 20 days, the buyer can request a refund.
- If the buyer is willing to pay for returning the package, they can request a refund when the customer guarantee period is over.
- Joom may issue refunds at any time if we learn that the product or order shipping violated the platform rules. For example, providing misleading information about the product, selling IP infringing or prohibited products, using fake or duplicated tracking numbers. In such cases, Joom can proceed the refund without the buyer's prior request.
Tips to Prevent Refunds from Happening
- When uploading a product, provide an actual product photos with details.
- Please avoid using retouched photos.
- When uploading a product, provide an accurate and detailed product description and size information.
- Before mailing a product, check it for defects.
- Before mailing a product, check if all the spare parts of the product are in.
- Ensure that the product is properly packed.
- Use reliable logistics channels and enter the correct shipping information.
Please sign in to leave a comment.