Joom obeys the rules of different governmental institutions. Therefore, we prohibit merchants from selling banned products or products with banned substances on our platform.
If Joom discovers merchants engaged in any activity prohibited by the platform, we will disable the product involved immediately and give relevant punishment. For more information, please refer to the article Platform Rule Violation and Penalty.
Regardless of the product type, prohibited products include:
- Products that violate third-party intellectual property rights. Please refer to the article about copyright infringement.
- Products deemed dangerous and which use has caused serious injury or death.
Prohibited products examples
Below are examples of prohibited products. Platform reserves the right to prohibit the sale of any suspicious product.
|Products for smoking|
|Products for illegal TV access|
- Pills, capsules, injection ampules, dietary supplements;
- Ointments, plasters, creams, wipes for diseases treatment (for example, psoriasis, dermatitis, prostatitis, etc.);
- Medical syringes;
- Surgical instruments;
- Syringe needles;
- Remedies for warts;
- Weight loss plasters;
- Healing creams and ointments;
- Antifungal creams and oil;
- Creams and sprays for permanent hair removal.
Products for smoking
- Tobacco and tobacco products;
- Electronic cigarettes and related products (regardless of whether they contain nicotine);
- Accessories for electronic cigarettes;
- Accessories for tobacco products (e.g. lighters, matches, ashtrays, pipes, mouthpieces, pipe brushes);
- Quit smoking.
- Food and food products (regardless of packaging), excluding tea, coffee, cocoa;
- Products based on the Betel plant;
- Alcoholic drinks;
- Cure and weight loss tea.
Products designed to intentionally block, jam, or interfere with licensed or authorized radio communications
- Cell jammers;
- GPS jammers;
- GPS repeaters;
- Laser jammers;
- PCS jammers;
- Radar jammers;
- Wi-Fi jammers;
- Radar switches.
Products that provide access to cable or satellite TV without permission
- Device blockers;
- DSS hardware or software emulators;
- Information or guide on how to decrypt cable or satellite TV without permission;
- Pre-programmed smart cards;
- Smart card programmers and un-loopers;
- Wi-Fi hackers;
- RCM Loader, R4S, Nintendo Injector Loader, R4
- SIM cards and SIM card simulators.
- Banknotes and their copies;
- Securities and their copies;
- Lottery tickets.
Explosives and products containing them
- Cap pistol;
- Fire cords;
- Exploding rifle targets;
Certain products of human or animal origin, or related to them
- All living beings;
- Real human skulls, bones, skeletons, human remains and products made from them;
- Human blood and products made from it;
- Organs, human tissue, semen, human waste, bodily fluids and products made from them;
- Body bags and urns for ashes;
- Parts of rare and threatened animals (such as cheetah, jaguar, leopard, mountain zebra and Hartmann mountain zebra, sable antelope, tiger, polar bear, ocelot, wolf, Indian python, crocodile, alligator, sea turtle, colobus monkey, vicuña, Spanish lynx, elephant, pangolins, sea otter, bear, mountain lion, bear bile);
- Parts or products made from cats or dogs;
- Vaccines for humans and animals;
- Products that contain parts or ingredients derived from sharks, whales, dolphins or porpoises (excluding shark teeth). Such as joint pain supplements containing shark cartilage, shark fin products, shark liver oil, whale meat, products containing real ivory, products containing foie gras, seal skin products;
- Live oysters;
- Animal food;
- Adhesive tape for rats and mice;
- Poisons for pests;
- Fishing nets.
Certain types of cosmetics
Obagi Nu-Derm Sunfader;
Obagi Nu-Derm Clear;
Obagi Nu-Derm Blender;
Obagi Elastiderm Decolletage;
Obagi C-Therapy Nightcream;
Obagi RX System;
- Products containing more than 5% minoxidil;
Brazilian Blowout Acai Professional Smoothing Solution;
- Halogenated salicylanilides;
- Methylene chloride;
- Synthol, Synthrol or Swethol;
- Tattoo removers;
- Creams & oil for potency;
- Penis enlargement devices;
- Erection stimulating products;
- Hair grow devices.
Certain auto parts and car accessories
- Photo-blocking license plate sprayers or covers designed to block recognition by cameras, toll systems, police cameras, or other photo detection sources;
- Products designed to disable, bypass, or turn off emission control devices, including oxygen simulators and CAT, DPF, or EGR delete kits;
- Products designed to conceal malfunctioning indicator lights (stickers and lights to put over a broken dashboard indicator to give the impression that it is working);
- Conversion kits with high intensity discharge (marked HID);
- Used tires;
- Products designed to change odometer readings;
- Driver's licenses and other government identification cards or blanks to print and produce them;
- Vehicle identification number (VIN) plates;
- Airbags, airbag covers and airbag system components;
- Seat belt and seat belt components;
- Products designed to affect traffic lights and traffic signals.
Drugs and goods for drug production
- Drugs and products for making or using drugs;
- Products designed to pass drug tests successfully, such as urine additives and synthetic urine;
- Tablet presses or molds, used to press or seal the name or pharmaceutical identification number on a pill;
- Substances that contain more than 2.2% iodine, even in an aqueous solution.
- Ammunition for all types of firearms (including metal balls);
- Firearms and their realistic copies;
- Airsoft guns;
- Paintball guns;
- Starting pistols;
- Parts and spare parts for weapons;
- Speargun for spearfishing;
- Bulletproof vests and any products, including or intended for the manufacture of body armor (this includes bulletproof or ballistic helmets and clothing).
- Liquid mercury and products containing mercury;
- Pepper spray;
- Pesticides and items treated with pesticides;
- Products containing asbestos;
- Used oil;
- Nitric acid;
- Products containing red phosphorus;
- Products containing termite;
- Products containing tritium;
- Any chemical or compound intended for commercial, industrial or professional use only and not intended for general purchase;
- Products contaminated with radiation;
- Products containing carbon tetrachloride;
- Products containing cyanide;
- Hydrofluoric acid;
- Ozone Depleting Substances;
- Products containing Bisphenol A(BPA);
- Incandescent light bulbs that violate applicable energy efficiency standards;
- Products that contain Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCB);
- Fire safety belts types FHA, FHB and FSmS;
- Brass knuckles and brass knuckle rings;
- Tactical pens;
- Expandable batons;
- Ball bearings and shells for slingshots;
- Kitchen cleavers;
- Swords, stilettos, machetes;
- Spears, harpoons;
- Bows, arrows, crossbows;
- Throwing knives and shurikens;
- Tridents, six-feathers, maces;
- Hidden weapon;
- Automatic knives, balisongs, ballistic knives, combat knives, daggers, sharpeners, poke knives.
👉 To learn more, please refer to the article: Cold Steel.
Products for postal services
- Postal measuring instruments;
- Postage stamps and stamps;
- Equipment designed to create counterfeit stamps and postage stamps.
- Kite strings designed for kite fighting;
- Gas masks and filters for them;
- Baby cots with a movable wall;
- Real or accurate government, law enforcement, security or military or paramilitary badges, identity documents, birth certificates, passports, licenses;
- Items of indeterminate content - "Mystery Boxes", "Surprise Boxes" or similarly named products containing items that are not clearly described on the product detail page;
- Gas cylinders and storage tanks for compressed gas;
- Moxa sticks;
- Sky lanterns;
- Chain saw blades;
- Chain attachments for lawn mowers;
- Metal attachments for lawn mowers;
- Laser pointers, power over 1 mW;
- Products for covert surveillance or eavesdropping;
- Lockpicks and other goods for illegal actions;
- License signs for alcoholic products;
- Used and used goods;
- Shock collars;
- POS terminals;
- Hydrogel balls;
- Mining equipment.
Products with certain content
In addition to the aforementioned products, the image, name and description of a product with the following content is prohibited on Joom as well:
Provocative or offensive content, or content which invokes, supporting, glorifying, or otherwise propagating hatred towards others because of race, nationality, religion, sex, health, or sexual orientation
Politically sensitive products (such as products from/to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Sudan, or products with elements/patterns of those countries)
Content propagating drugs or violence
Inappropriate sexual content (except adult products)
The Safety Gate Portal is the one website in the EU where all regulatory bodies post unsafe and non-compliant products. It is used as a rapid alert system to inform consumers, businesses, and other regulatory bodies about unsafe and non-compliant products. It is essentially a regulatory body-controlled list of products that should not be made available for sale anywhere in the EU. Our Joom moderation team scans and reviews this website every week, and if any products are notified there that also happen to be sold on Joom Marketplace, they will be taken down and blocked.
What will happen if I create a new link or product page on Joom for the same product?
That can lead to all of these:
- Blocking and taking down of the product,
- A strike and potential ban for the merchant,
- A potential product recall for the product,
- Fines from a regulator for re-uploading the same unsafe product.