Merchants in South Korea use Payoneer as the default payment method.
Only corporate Payoneer accounts are allowed to be connected to Joom.
Linking your Payoneer Account to Joom
STEP 1: Set Payoneer as the Payment Method
- Go to the Settings tab in your Joom account and click on the Payment Method page;
- Select Payoneer as the payment method.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: If your KYC Profile has been successfully reviewed, you will be able to link your Payoneer right away. If not, you can set the payment method, save and accept it via the confirmation email, and link Payoneer account later.
STEP 2: Link your Payoneer account
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: You can link your Payoneer account before setting your Payment Method, however you need to have your KYC profile reviewed. Keep in mind that linking Payoneer account doesn’t mean setting it as your sole primary Payment Method.
- On the Payment Method page, you will see the warning message and the button Connect Payoneer. Click on the button, if it is active (blue).
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: The button becomes active once you successfully pass the KYC Profile review. If the button is grey, it is not active - please fill out your KYC profile first.
2. Once you click on the Connect Payoneer button, you will be redirected to the Payoneer website. Please sign up (if you don't have a Payoneer account) or log in (if you already have one).
If you entered your Payoneer account and no problems occurred on Payoneer’s side, you will be redirected back to the Merchant Panel. That's where your payment information will get through the Joom verification process.
How does Joom verify a merchant's Payoneer account?
Joom makes sure that your Business license number provided in the KYC Profile matches the one we get from Payoneer.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: We don’t compare Company name or other information stated in Joom and Payoneer accounts, we check only the Business license number.
How to tell if your Payoneer is linked successfully?
If your account passed Joom verification and everything is correct, you will see the message on the Payment Method page: Payoneer account is successfully linked.
Otherwise, you will see red warning message. It might happen due to the possible errors or Business License numbers not matching (please check the number in the KYC profile on Joom).
⭐ If you see the green message, congratulations! Your Payoneer account is linked, and you got your Payee ID!
Payee ID is a unique identifier used between Joom and Payoneer and created in the process of linking Payoneer account. Payee ID is needed, so the system can identify you as a receiver of payments from Joom. In this case, Payee ID matches your Merchant Name on Joom.
For more information on Payee ID, please refer to the article in the Payoneer Help Center.
⚠️ You are almost ready to receive your first payments from Joom, at your last steps please make sure that:
- Your Payoneer account is in active status, otherwise you will not be able to receive payments from Joom.
- You clicked on the Save button in the Merchant Panel after successfully linking Payoneer account and accepted the changes via the confirmation email;
Once the Save button is clicked, you will receive the confirmation email with the link to your login email address. Please go to the email inbox and click the link, you will be redirected back to the Merchant Panel, where you are expected to accept the changes.
Linking Payoneer FAQ
What if I face errors while linking Payoneer account?
There might be several reasons for that:
- Make sure your Payoneer account is a company account, not your personal one;
- Make sure that the company business license in Joom KYC Profile and Payoneer account match each other;
- Contact Payoneer customer support, if you see error messages in the Payoneer account.
How to change the linked Payoneer account?
You will be able to do it only if another Payoneer account is opened under the same company name. Please unlink your Payoneer account on Joom and link a new one.
How to unlink Payoneer account on Joom?
You cannot do it by yourself. Please contact Joom support team via chat window in the Merchant Panel or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I can't receive payments from Joom due to Payoneer account inactive status?
Please consult with Payoneer.