Product groups are a feature that allows you to group products in your stores to make it easier for customers to find what they need more quickly and avoid getting lost in your massive array of goods.
This feature is available for the top stores only.
This is an illustration of how it appears for customers:
Joom is highly personalized. We analyze the behavior and preferences of each of our customers to adapt product displays based on their interests. Therefore, the content of a product group that a customer sees may differ from what you see in the Merchant Panel.
- Stores. You need to have at least 1 top store. It is only possible to assemble products from the top stores into product groups. You cannot combine products from different top stores.
- Categories. You can choose only one category for a product group. All products from must belong to one chosen category.
- Labels. You can give one label or several labels to a product group. Products in a group should comply with at least one of those labels.
- Brands. You can specify the required brands for a product group. Once you’ve set brands, products in the group should belong to at least one of the chosen brands.
You can set multiple types of rules for the product group you created. Only products meeting all the rules can be added to a group. In other words, the more types of rules you set, the fewer products comply with every single rule, and the fewer products will be gathered into a group.
You’ve set a category and two labels for the product group:
Category: Fishing Rods
Labels: Hot sales rods, Mini fishing rods
In this case, products belonging to the Fishing Rods category and with the “Hot sales rods” label will be added to the group; products belonging to the Fishing Rods category and with “Mini fishing rods” label will be added to the group as well.
After you added products by rules, when there are changes in your products such as new products added to the category or products have been removed from the platform, product groups will change accordingly and automatically. This makes your management of product groups easier.
How to create or edit product groups?
How to create a new product group
Go to Products > Product groups and click Create Group in the top-right corner of the page.
- Choose a store and name your product group. Joom will translate this name into different languages, then show it to the clients from all around the world. Please name it carefully. Example group names: RU warehouse products.
- Set rules for your product group and click on Save.Please note: In order not to affect the way users view your store products, it is suggested to create no more than 6 product groups for a single store.
How to edit a product group
- Go to Products > Product groups and click the name of the group you want to edit. You will be navigated to the product group details page.
- Click Edit Group in the top-right corner, edit the information you would like to update.
- Don’t forget to save changes after you finish editing.
Pending. Your product group is currently in moderation, it is not shown to the store visitors yet.
Published. Your product group passed the moderation, and it is shown to the store visitors.
Disabled. The product group is disabled, and it is not shown to the store visitors.
How to disable or enable product groups?
Go to Products > Product groups and switch off the product group. In case you want to enable a product group, simply switch it again.
Default product groups
Besides product groups created by you, Joom creates three groups for a store that is turned off by default. If you intend to show those groups to customers, you need to turn them on manually.
- Best. Products sorted by rating and sales, starting from the product with the highest rating and sales.
- New. Products sorted by created time starting from the newest products.
- Promoted. Products promoted during events.
These groups cannot edited by a merchant.
Make sure your product groups don’t clash with the automatic product groups, as it can confuse customers.