Children's products include children's toys, children's clothing and others. For merchants selling children's products, please observe the following product requirements, in addition, please read the general requirements for all products.
|Children and school supplies are required to have proof of product safety, i.e., Children's Product Certification (CPC). The certificate must contain the following information:|
|Please attach the product inspection certificate and product instructions to the product package.|
|Product material information must be indicated clearly in the product description. Please note:|
- Children's clothing must specify its material and fabric. Specific materials should be added, not abstract ones (e.g., Plastic instead of Imitation Pearl, PU instead of Chiffon);
- Children's tableware and/or dining utensils must specify their materials and ingredients and must not be made of materials such as melamine, polycarbonate, and polyvinyl chloride.
|Children's products designed or primarily used for children under the age of 12 must have distinctive permanent markers (often referred to as “traceable labels”). Requirements for traceable labels are the following:|
- They are attached to the product and its packaging;
- The tag or label must contain some basic information, including:
- Name of the manufacturer or private labeler;
- Date and place of manufacture of the product;
- Detailed information about the manufacturing process, such as lot number, run number, or other identifying features;
- Any other information to determine the specific source of the product.
If a product is intended for children over 3 years of age and contains small parts, a warning label (see below) is required.
If the small part comes from a toy or product for children under 3 years of age, the toy or product is a prohibited because the small part poses a choking hazard.
In addition to the mentioned requirements, requirements for children’s clothing are consistent with requirements for clothing for men and women as well.
- The product card should not contain such phrases as “Free Shipping”, “Sale”, etc. Also, it should not indicate information about prices and discounts or declare the advantage of the product compared to the competitors on the platform;
- One product card is used for only one product. Different products cannot be placed on one card;
- A suit must be separated from individual parts of a suit into different product cards.
- Images may contain text notes, they should be in English only;
- Images should be of a good quality;
- Image editing of a good quality is appropriate, it should not spoil or misrepresent the look of the product;
- The main image of the product must clearly show which product is being sold - additional accessories are allowed only for decoration. For example, if you sell a bag strap, then the main image should clearly show the strap, and not the entire bag.
👉 For more information about product image requirements, please refer to the article: Product Image Requirements.
- It is not allowed to offer or send random variants of a product;
- All the variants of a product’s color and size are required to be presented in product variants so that the customer can choose a specific color and size;
- It is necessary to archive extra variants of a product, non-archived variants are moderated like regular ones;
- In the package content of the product description you must specify all the product variants that can be sent.
👉 For more information about product variant requirements, please refer to the article: Product Variant Requirements.
- Product variants must specify colors either for all product variants or for none. It is acceptable to specify the color “as the picture”.
- The size of a product should be realistic for a child or an adult;
- Product variants sizes must be identical to those in the size chart;
- It is necessary to specify the parameters according to the requirements for clothing/shoes (bust, waist, foot length, etc.);
- The bust/waist/hip size should be the full circumference, not the width of the product.
- The size chart should be depicted in the product description and not in the product’s photo;
- The size chart should be the same for one product - it is not allowed to create two or more size charts.
Please consider using one of the following size charts for your product description:
➡️ Size chart by age (1)
|2 months||4 years|
|3 months||5 years|
|4 months||6 years|
|5 months||7 years|
|6 months||8 years|
|7 months||9 years|
|8 months||10 years|
|9 months||11 years|
|10 months||12 years|
|11 months||13 years|
|1 year / 12 months||14 years|
|2 years / 24 months||15 years|
➡️ Size chart by age (2)
|3-6 months||8-9 years|
|6-9 months||9-10 years|
|9-12 months||10-11 years|
|6-12 months||11-12 years|
|9-12 months||12-13 years|
|1-2 years||13-14 years|
|3-4 years||14-15 years|
|4-5 years||15-16 years|
|5-6 years||16-17 years|
|6-7 years||17-18 years|
➡️ Size chart by height (cm)