If you sell Biologically Active Food Supplements (BAFS) in the European Union, you must comply with the following legal requirements:
- BAFS must be safe for human consumption.
- BAFS must not contain harmful ingredients.
- The dosage must be clearly indicated on the packaging.
The packaging of the BAFS must include the following information:
- Product name.
- Any marketing claims made about the BAFS must be truthful and not misleading.
- It is prohibited to claim that BAFS can treat or prevent diseases.
Some BAFS containing specific vitamins or minerals may require authorization from the European Commission before being sold in the EU.
Good Manufacturing Practices
BAFS must be manufactured in accordance with good manufacturing practices to ensure their quality and safety.
These requirements may vary depending on the type of BAFS and the country where they are sold.