Joom prioritizes providing an excellent experience for customers on the platform. If a merchant violates the platform rules and spoils the customer experience, Joom reserves the right to impose penalties.
Strike is one of the possible penalty methods. It is issued to a store, usually as a warning before a more serious penalty. A store with a strike is not getting blocked but receives way less possible impressions.
Impact on a store
If a store receives a strike, it experiences the following consequences:
- Pessimization: The store loses 50% of possible impressions.
- Promotional restrictions: The store cannot participate in any promotional activities during the strike's validity period, typically up to 30 days.
If your store receives a strike, you will see a red warning message on top of the corresponding store’s page. Click See details to check the reason your store received the strike.
Validity and reasons
Strike is issued for the platform rules violation. Strike validity depends on the violation type, severity, and number of prior violations. A store might receive several strikes for multiple violations. For example, a strike can be issued for:
- 14 to 30 days for the first minor rule violation;
- 30 days or more for repeated or severe violation.
The possible reasons why a store might receive a strike include:
- Store issues, such as incorrect store name or store page setting.
- Product issues, such as providing false, incorrect or misleading product information.
- Logistic issues, such as sending out an empty package.
- Misleading or illegal actions on the platform, such as intellectual property rights infringement.
- Contact customer, excluding cases when the merchant is obliged to contact the customer to recall unsafe products, resolve claims (especially pre-trial) or in other cases provided by law.
- Other issues.
Dealing with a strike
A strike cannot be cancelled before its validity period ends, so we ask you to pay more attention to your work on the platform and do your best in order not to receive a strike.